RULES OF THE ICU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION COMMUNITY
Welcome to the ICU ALUMNI Community. ICU ALUMNI is an organization of the alumni of International Christian University. ICU ALUMNI Association has established this web site and related web services as an Online Community to assist its members in promoting their careers and in sustaining relationships formed with ICU alumni. In order to facilitate this activity, ICU ALUMNI permits ICU alumni to make entries at this site.
This Online Community is not affiliated with International Christian University and does not represent ICU in any manner whatsoever.
ICU ALUMNI provides access to and use of its Online Community to all who wish to use it. If You, the User, wish to enter this community, You must agree to the rules written below and any additional rules that ICU ALUMNI publishes from time to time. ICU ALUMNI reserves the right to amend these Rules at any time.
ICU ALUMNI hopes that You enjoy your use of the Online Community and wishes to encourage You to do so in a way that allows all users to do so as well. While ICU ALUMNI encourages responsible interaction among Alumni as the best way to run this Community, we must be clear that ICU ALUMNI reserves the right to restrict the access of any user who violates these Rules.
ICU ALUMNI RULES OF RESPONSIBLE INTERNET CONDUCT: WE WANT YOU THE USER TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY YOU AGREE TO THE COMMUNITY’S RULES AS THEY ARE WRITTEN BELOW AND AS THEY MAY BE CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME. YOUR USE OF THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY ICU ALUMNI, AND THEIR MEMBERS, AND HOLD THEM HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS COMMUNITY.
1. GENERAL RULES
You are entirely responsible for all activities you conduct on this Online Community . You agree to be responsible for any of your violations of applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing ICU ALUMNI or in connection with your use of ICU ALUMNI in any manner; You also agree not to take any of the following actions while using ICU ALUMNI:
- harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another participant, user, or other individual or entity;
- transmit via this Online Community any information, data, text, files, links, software, chat, communication or other materials, or Content, that ICU ALUMNI considers to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate via this Online Community any person, including but not limited to, an ICU ALUMNI member, consultant, forum leader, guide or host;
- disrupt the operations of this Online Community or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other participants;
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation in ICU ALUMNI, except in those areas that are designated for such a purpose;
- engage in spamming any of the members of this Online Community, either individually or collectively;
- distribute any virus or cause other harm, intentionally or unintentionally; and
- sell, copy, or distribute the list of names in the directory or any material that is the property of ICU ALUMNI.
2. RULES CONCERNING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
You agree to respect the property rights of all those whose Content you upload or transmit to ICU ALUMNI as follows:
- You agree that You will not upload or transmit any Content to ICU ALUMNI that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights, or Rights, of any party.
- By submitting Content to the Online Community, You automatically grant — or warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted– ICU ALUMNI the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such Content.
3. RULES CONCERNING THE CONTENT OF MATERIAL YOU PUBLISH, UPLOAD OR TRANSMIT VIA THIS SITE:
- As a User of this Online Community, You must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. ICU ALUMNI shall not be responsible for any Content.
- ICU ALUMNI does not pre-screen or monitor all Content as a matter of policy, but ICU ALUMNI shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content which is deemed in ICU ALUMNI’s sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of the Rules. ICU ALUMNI may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or no areas of the Online Community for adherence to these Rules.
4. RULES CONCERNING MEMBERS’ PRIVACY:
At this time ICU ALUMNI’s Online Community is open to all; for example, no log in/password (i.e. community gate) requirements exist . YOU PROVIDE INFORMATION, DATA, OR CONTENT TO THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO INFORMATION, DATA OR CONTENT PROVIDED TO THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY IS PRIVATE. You should know that subject to Alumni’s Agreement with ICU ALUMNI, ICU ALUMNI reserves the right to collect and distribute particular and aggregate information on Users of this Online Community.
You should also know that subject to Alumni’s agreement with ICU ALUMNI, ICU ALUMNI may sell third parties’ access to Users of the Online Community (for example through Web advertising on our sites and links via the Web).
Although ICU ALUMNI may send you emails relating to ICU ALUMNI, and interests you indicate, ICU ALUMNI will never intentionally disclose to third parties who have not agreed to the Rules any information which reveals your name, Postal street address (city is required to target relevant information to you), phone number, and email address without your permission. Of course at this time, there is no current gate around the community, and it is possible that third parties may violate The Rules to get at this information.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
You understand that in order for ICU ALUMNI to provide this Online Community, ICU ALUMNI must disclaim all warranties. Accordingly, You acknowledge and agree to the following:
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ICU ALUMNI SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND WITHIN THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY. ICU ALUMNI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. ICU ALUMNI PROVIDES WEB SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND ICU ALUMNI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT YOUR USE OF ICU ALUMNI WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR FREE OR FREE FROM VIOLATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT; NOR DOES ICU ALUMNI MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH ICU ALUMNI. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM ICU ALUMNI SHALL CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS IN THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH CONTENT.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
You understand that in order for ICU ALUMNI to provide this Online Community, ICU ALUMNI must limit its liability for certain activities. Accordingly you agree and acknowledge that:
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THE LAWS OF JAPAN, ICU ALUMNI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS ONLINE COMMUNITY OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH ICU ALUMNI OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE PROPERTIES, EVEN IF ICU ALUMNI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7.RULES FOR TERMINATION OF ACCESS:
ICU ALUMNI may terminate Your access to this Online Community at any time for any reason. Once ICU ALUMNI has terminated Your access, You will have the status of a terminated user (“Terminated User”) and will not be permitted to enter this Online Community in any manner or for any reason without the express written consent of ICU ALUMNI. You are not permitted to assist in enabling a Terminated User to have access to ICU ALUMNI. If You do so assist a Terminated User, ICU ALUMNI may at its sole discretion and without liability to ICU ALUMNI (1) terminate Your access and (2) seek damages against You for this activity.
8.MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS:
In cases where You have authorized or permitted, intentionally or unintentionally, another individual, including a minor, to enter this Online Community, You recognize that You are fully responsible for: (i) the online conduct of such user; (ii) controlling the user’s access to and use of ICU ALUMNI; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SOME AREAS OF ICU ALUMNI MAY CONTAIN MATERIAL THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR MINORS.
9.GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ETC.:
These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, excluding its conflict of law provisions. As an essential point of these Rules, You agree to submit irrevocably to the personal jurisdiction of courts in Japan for any matter arising out of or in any way relating to these Rules, or the Online Community, whether brought by You, ICU ALUMNI, or a third party. In connection with this provision You agree to waive any and all objections to venue with Japan based upon the doctrine of forum non convenience (i.e. it is inconvenient for me to go to court there) or otherwise. In the event that any portion of these Rules is deemed by a court to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
10.WHAT TO DO:
If You witness any conduct that violates these Rules or the ICU ALUMNI rules then in effect, please email the offending person’s identification and cut and paste the relevant content into an email to aaoffice @ icualumni.com. While we believe that a well-run site is the most rewarding for all persons involved, ICU ALUMNI cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of Your email. Please refer to these Rules from time to time for any updates ICU ALUMNI may make to these Rules.
THANK YOU FOR READING AND ACCEPTING THESE RULES.